Three Thursdays in December
December 5, 12, 19
Are you dreading the hustle and bustle that comes with the approach of Chrstimas? Present buying and card writing and extra cooking and decorating and aren't our lives already busy enough?
Come away from the world for a half-hour of meditative prayer and song at the end of the end, as a reminder of the seasons, as an invitation to leave behind all the cultural holiday craziness for a half-hour of peace.
We believe that
- God created us, but that we are estranged from God and that through the gift of Jesus Christ, the Son of God, we are made one with God again through the power of the Holy Spirit.
- We come to know of God and his love for us and all creation through God’s Word, the Bible.
- And we can participate in that love through God’s gift to us of the Sacraments of Holy Baptism and Holy Communion.
- We confess Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and the Gospel as the power of God for the salvation of all who believe.
- Jesus Christ is the Word of God incarnate, through whom everything was made and through whose life, death, and resurrection God fashions a new creation.
- The proclamation of God’s message to us as both Law and Gospel is the Word of God,